a. New /Beginning Students
1) No student shall be denied admission to the College for reason of age, sex, nationality, physical defect/disability, religious belief or political affiliations. However in case of physical defect/disability the requirements of specific courses shall apply.
2) These screening criteria are the bases for ranking applicants in all programs:
|a) Entrance Exam Result||60%|
|b) General Average on Report Card||30%|
3) An applicant for admission to first Year College shall present his/ her general average in third year high school upon registration and his/ her general average in the fourth year high school upon enrolment.
4)An applicant must have graduated from a recognized secondary school.
5) Every applicant for enrolment shall be admitted to the college upon presentation and submission of:
- Report Card/F-138
- Admission Slip
- Medical Certificate
- National Statistic Office
- (NSO) Birth Certificate
- Police Clearance
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Photocopy of Income Tax Return of Parents or
- Certificate of Exemption from filing ITR
- 1 pc. 2x2 colored picture
- 1 pc. lxl colored picture
- One long folder
6) Students must meet the following average grade requirement (GPA/GWA) upon admission:
- An applicant in Teacher Education or Accountancy should have obtained in senior high school an average of at least 85 or its equivalent (CHED Memo No. 120-99, s. 1999)
- An applicant in Engineering or Architecture course should have obtained of at least 80 in all subjects from the first to the fourth grading periods during his senior high school.
- An applicant in Entrepreneurship should have obtained an average of at least 83 or its equivalent,
- An applicant in any other Technology degree course offered by the College should have grades of at least 80 in Science, THE and Mathematics, and a general average of at least 80.
- An applicant in any ladderized course should have a general average of at least 80.
- In accepting new enrollees, in case the number of enrollees does not meet the quota/number of enrolment per campus, the Campus Administrator has the discretion to determine the most appropriate action.
- A student must qualify in the College Admission and Psychological Test
- A student must qualify in the interview.
- Student must pledge to abide by and comply with all the rules and regulations of the College.
- A new/beginning freshmen student can be admitted during the second semester and summer term.
- A student must not have enrolled in any college academic subject/ s prior to his/her enrolment as a beginning freshman, otherwise he/she shall be classified as a transferee.
- A student previously enrolled in a vocational course or one not leading to a degree program is admitted as a beginning freshman.
1) Transferees are those students coming from other higher education institutions seeking admission to the Sorsogon State College.
2) Students from other higher education institutions seeking admission to the College shall submit the following requirements:
a. Honorable Dismissal
b. Official Transcript of Record (OTR)/Cert. of Grades
c. In addition, all enrolment requirements for regular students shall apply to transferees as reflected in the requirements for freshmen students.
3) Admission shall be on probation basis during the first term in the College.
4) An Official Transcript of Records (OTR) shall be submitted prior to admission.
5) A transferee from any SUC shall be adjnitted and treated as a regular student in accordance with the existing policies of the College.
6) A transferee must pledge to abide by and comply with all the rules and regulations of the College.
7) A transferee for the second semester should pass an interview and a qualifying examination.
8) Admission of a transferee is subject to availability of a slot.
1) A foreigner seeking admission to the college must meet all the prescribed enrolment requirements of the College and the course applied for:
- College Admission Test
- Certificate of Completion of a Secondary Curriculum
- Original Transcript of Records
- Personal Data
- Affidavit of Support
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)
- Result of TOEFL
- Student Visa
2) A foreign student must meet the entire requirement as prescribed by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) and the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation (BID).
3) A foreign student may be admitted based on the availability of a slot in the course applied for.