The Office of the Quality Assurance (QA) focuses on assisting and monitoring the departments/units and the four (4) campuses of Sorsogon State College in the offering of quality and innovative curricular programs in anticipation of, and in responsive to the life-long learning needs of the students, and to respond adequately to both local, national and global demands.
- Managing the College quality review processes and program accreditation visits;
- Assisting the academic departments/units and four campuses in the offering of curricular programs and implementing activities to ensure quality and excellence in instruction;
- Supporting the development of instructional policies and procedures to guarantee high standards of performance;
- Supervising the College quality evaluation processes such as the Evaluation of the Program Compliance to CHED Policies, Standards and Guidelines, Horizontal Typology of SSC, National Agriculture and Fisheries Education System (NAFES) and Accrediting Agency of Chartered Colleges and Universities in the Philippines, Inc. (AACCUP) accreditation; and
- Sharing and dissemination of good practices in quality assurance throughout the departments/units and campuses.
Sorsogon State College has 28 programs offered in baccalaureate and master’s level. SSC is accredited by AACCUP which is a member of the National Network of Quality Assurance Agencies, Inc. (NNQAA) in the Philippines; Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN) based in Hongkong; and International Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE). At present, among its programs, two (2) are qualified for Level III Phase 1 status, (Bachelor in Elementary Education and Bachelor in Secondary Education); nine has Level II Accreditation status (Programs in Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Arts in Management, Bachelor of Technology, Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Bachelor of Science in Fisheries). The rest of the programs are preparing for Level I accreditation visits by AACCUP.
In 2011, the National Agriculture and Fisheries Education System (NAFES) identified and recognized Magallanes Campus as Provincial Institute of Fisheries (PIF). Castilla Campus was also identified as Provincial Institute of Agriculture (PIA) in August 20, 2015. In addition, the CHED, through the Regional Office of Programs and Standards has conducted the evaluation/assessment of the curricular offerings of the College to determine the compliance with CHED Policies and Standards. Sixteen (21) programs have complied and issued a Certificate of Program Compliance (COPC) by the commission and pending application for the 12 programs.
While Sorsogon State College has remained loyal to program accreditation and AACCUP, it has set its sight on institutional accreditation, Center of Development/Center of Excellence in Teacher Education, Engineering and Fisheries programs, and ISO Certification for international compatibility with the impending ASEAN Integration.